19th October, 2021
APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION
This is to notify all students who will be graduating on 3rd December 2021 ( See schedule on Number 4) that the process will be carried out in accordance with the Graduation Policy below. All the potential graduands should therefore:
- Confirm the personal information as recorded in the AMS (Name and order as they should appear in the completion certificate) and clarify all details with effect from Monday, 18th October 2021 to Friday, 12th November 2021.
- Apply for graduation online by completing the Graduation Application form in the Students’ Academic Module and pay the appropriate convocation fees indicated on the form. Convocation fees are paid to the SU bank account as with other fees. Applications should be made after the confirmation of records and payment of fees balances with effect from 18th October 2021. The deadline for the application is 12th November 2021.
- Strictly observe the dates for confirmation of records and application for graduation in order to avoid missing the 2021 graduation.
- Following the Ministry of Health protocols on Covid-19, the 2021 graduation will be carried out as guided here:
i. The event will be a graduands only event. No visitors or guests will be invited. The event will be streamed via online platforms for your guests.
ii. The parking spaces provided will be for graduands’ vehicles only. No guest will be allowed to wait in the parking areas in line with Covid-19 controls.
iii. The 2021 graduation ceremony is planned for two separate days, 24th September and
iv. Strathmore University management is monitoring the Covid-19 situation in the country and will apply all health protocols as directed by GoK
The Graduation ceremony on Friday, 3rd December is planned for the following:
Undergraduate programs of
- Strathmore Law School
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
All Strathmore University Masters programmes and PhDs
- All applications should be received by Friday, 12th November 2021.
- Any application for graduation from the previous year is not valid and hence a fresh application must be submitted for 2021 graduation.
- The Academic affairs office requests all graduands to confirm their graduation status by Friday, 12th November 2021. This is important especially for students from previous cohorts whose graduation passed.
- Kindly note that you should pick up your completion certificate from Monday, 10th January 2022 to Friday, 11th March 2022.
- Certificates collected after Friday 11th March 2022 will attract a late collection charge of KSH 200 each working day (Mon-Fri).
- The University has a graduation application that will relay all details. You can download the same from the Android Play Store or Apple App Store. The name of the app is “SU Graduation”.