2022 Graduation Instructions
The Academic Division wishes to notify all members of the class of 2022 about graduation details relating to the application for graduation, clearance and gown collection.
- Apply for graduation online by completing the Graduation Application form in the Students’ Academic Module and pay the appropriate convocation fee as detailed here.
- PhD 15,000
- Masters 8,100 (SBS has an extra charge that will be communicated)
- Post Graduate Diploma 8,100
- Undergraduate 7,700
- Diploma 5,500
Convocation fees are paid to the SU bank account as with other fees. The same amounts can be charged on any excess fee payments already paid.
Applications should be made after the confirmation of records and payment of fees balances with effect from Wednesday, 6th July 2022 The end date for the application will be Friday, 23rd September 2022
- Online Exit Survey
As part of the university improvement process, all graduating students are required to fill in the exit survey. This is done before application for clearance. Kindly give feedback to help improve the Strathmore Experience.
Students intending to graduate are required to clear from the university. The online link to Strathmore University clearance is
- Departments will clear all applicants who will have applied for graduation by Friday, 30th September 2022. Clearance starts at the school or faculty confirming all students’ details. “Pending status” means the school is checking and will clear one in due course.
- The clearance system will auto-clear one from all departments except Finance which has to close your financial records.
- Graduands who would like the order of names to be changed on the graduation certificate are required to do so through their school administrators.
- University transcripts follow the order in AMS (Surname- First Name- Other Names)
- Collection of graduation gowns from schools is scheduled for Monday, 19th September 2022 and should be returned by Wednesday, 25th October 2022. A late gown return will attract a daily surcharge of 200.
- You will be expected to surrender your SU ID as you collect your gown or when picking up your certificate and transcripts.
Students intending to graduate in 2022 should note the academic regulations indicate that:
- A student who has not satisfied all the requirements for graduation will not be awarded the corresponding diploma/conferred with the corresponding degree.
- Students with a graduation grievance have to withdraw from the graduation process until the matter is resolved.
- Once the diploma is awarded/degree is conferred during the graduation ceremony, no changes will be made.
- For the planning and organization of the graduation ceremony; only those students who have filed an Application for Graduation by the stipulated time will be included in the graduation list.
For any clarifications and concerns, kindly write to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your school administrator
The Academic Division congratulates the class of 2022.