JOB TITLE: Grants Coordinator – Kenya Small Business Development Centers (KSBDC)
DEPARTMENT: Strathmore University Business School
REPORTING TO: Finance and Administration Manager
The Grants Coordinator will maintain quality grants management for a portfolio of medium to complex sub-grants. Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, this position will work closely with National and County government staff, SBS Finance department to ensure timely and accurate grant reporting, maintenance of grant records, and leadership of the proposal process for new grants.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and operationalize strategic and transformational investments under the Economic Development Master Plan for ASALs.
- Identify and scale sustainable community-driven and locally-led initiatives.
- Develop and implement a strategy for mobilizing public and private sector financing.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting for all applicable grants/awards which includes but is not limited to travel advance accruals, revenues, expense allocation, review of all grants-related wire payments. Also prepares the annual NICRA calculation.
- Work together with the program and finance administrators of the grants awarded and their utilization.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly/annual grants-related reporting.
- Develop and maintain budget monitors and invoice trackers together with the program finance and admin. manager.
- Review and reconcile all monthly field financial reports and
- Reconcile the field accounting books to the corporate G/L.
- Organize and maintain comprehensive financial files and ensure that all financial record retention is compliant with legal and donor agency requirements.
- Assist with the preparation and review of cost proposals.
- Assist the program finance and admin manager to respond to requests from USAID’s Office of Financial Management as needed, including assistance with financial audits and reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting required.
- Must be a member of a finance and/or accounting professional body.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software – Word and Excel
- Minimum of five years of experience in the accounting field, with strong demonstrated experience in grants finance management.
- In-depth understanding and experience of working with proposals and contracts from institutional donors. Experience in complex planning and budgeting processes including the ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment.
- Able to work flexible hours when needed.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Grants Coordinator, KSBDC’ to the People and Culture Manager, Strathmore University Business School, on email@example.com by end of the day(5.30 pm) Wednesday, 22nd March 2023.
Due to the large number of applications, we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University Business School is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.