The Master’s in Spectrum Management will offer students a solid system of training in the theory and practice of modern Spectrum Management (SM). Based on an overview of the current situation, the programme will create a unique and credible niche, complementing the existing professional Spectrum Management training options and promoting the harmonization of Spectrum Management practices. To that end, the Masters in Spectrum Management is broad in scope and international in character, with tutors and participating institutions of the highest quality, so as to ensure the value of the programme and the reputation of its diploma. The programme strives to establish itself as the global “gold standard” for SM training. An essential differentiator for the Master’s in Spectrum Management would be formalised assessment of learning outcomes in terms of professional skills and qualifications obtained, supported by the award of a diploma representing a recognised academic level.
Masters in Spectrum Management is offered yearly in September.
Mode of Delivery
The mode of delivery to be used in the programme is based on the blended learning approach which will combine face to face lectures and synchronous learning through videoconferencing.
The Masters in Spectrum Management is a two (2) year programme divided into four semesters with an average of four units per semester and offered on a part–time basis. Classes will be held Monday to Friday from 5.30 – 8.30 p.m. EAT
The course covers 16 course units offered over 4 academic semesters and a subsequent dissertation project. Course work will include aspects of Spectrum Engineering, Spectrum Monitoring, Wireless Telecommunications Technologies and Terrestrial TV broadcasting planning and digital transition etc.
- Holders of First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degrees in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or IT related discipline from recognised universities; or,
- Holders of other related qualifications from recognised universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class degree in Computer Science or IT discipline; or,
- Holders of Lower Second Class degrees plus Post-Graduate Diplomas or Certificates in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or IT related discipline from recognised universities; or,
- Holders of Lower Second Class degrees in Computer Science, IT, Business Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or IT related discipline with at least two years’ working experience in a business or research environment.
If an applicant meets the above entry requirements, they are then invited to sit a written Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE). All applicants MUST sit and pass our GEE that comprises of a written exam followed by an oral interview. The written exam entails English comprehension and grammar, arithmetic plus an essay. Once the applicant has completed and passed the written exam, they are scheduled for an oral interview.
NB: The GEE is administered every Wednesday and Friday at 2:00 pm.
- Dully filled in Graduate Application Form. NB: Reference forms and a Graduate Studies Application form can be downloaded from our website
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms from your professional background or from former professors particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate study (Download reference form here).
- Certified copies of undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained.
- Certified copy of your Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education-KCSE certificate (Secondary/High School Certificate or its equivalent).
- An updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- Two (2) current passport size photos.
- A copy of National Identity Card (ID) or a copy of Passport (bio-data page).
- KES 2,500/- Interview fee payable on the interview day.
NB: Certified copies: Please note the copies of the certificates and transcripts should be certified by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court.
Fees and Funding
The programme fee is KES 1,115,400 NB: the fees may change in a given academic year.
"*" indicates required fields