Strathmore University Alumni Awards
Nominate outstanding alumni by 31st of May 2024 |
Strathmore Alumni Association is thrilled to introduce The Annual Alumni Service to Society Award. This award has been established to recognize and celebrate alumni who, in their respective field of specialization, are making significant contributions to the society, both locally and internationally. These notable contributions span the spheres of: business, leadership and governance, social impact, sports, and community development.
Alumni eligible for this award are those who demonstrate outstanding impact through various means such as research, innovation, entrepreneurship, talent promotion, volunteering, and community development. This award is presented annually to one outstanding alum during the nomination period.
Eligibility for the Annual Alumni Service to Society Award
Alumni can be nominated by friends, family, staff, colleagues, or even themselves!
If you would like to nominate a Strathmore University alum please complete the form and indicate why your nominee deserves to win an alumni award.
Nominations are not based on specific categories, but on the contribution that the nominee has made in their community or society using their expertise; alumni who embody the principles of the service to society pillar.
These may include but are not limited to:
1. Alumni in corporate whose work brings distinction to the industry through professional achievement and who have had high levels of personal and company success in their careers.
2. Alumni in research & innovation whose research is changing the quality of lives and transforming communities.
3. Alumni in community development whose actions demonstrate exemplary community engagement and development in personal outreach programs and projects working to improve the quality of life for people from low income and marginalized communities.
4. Alumni in business who have distinguished themselves in entrepreneurial endeavours in creating economic & social value.
5. Alumni in sports who, through their accomplishments, have brought pride & distinction to SU, their country and their community.
The winner will be selected by a panel made up of Strathmore University community, including staff, students, alumni and industry experts. The panel will assess each nomination on its own merits and choose the winner who will be awarded at the annual connect conference at Strathmore University Graduation Square on 9th Aug 2024.
The award may be withdrawn based on the conditions outlined below:
1. The university is under no obligation to present the award on an annual basis if no candidate is identified.
2. The university reserves the right to withdraw/recall the award should the recipient subsequently contravene the university’s ethos and/or values.
3. The university reserves the right to withdraw/recall the award should the recipient provide false information during the nomination process.
4. A recipient shall be eligible to receive the award only once in a lifetime.
‘The mission of Strathmore University comes to life through our alumni. Through their work and daily lives, our alumni actively contribute to the fulfillment of this mission. They embody, lead, and live our commitment to ‘Being of service to society.’