*May Intake only includes Master of Science in Mathematical Finance. All three programmes will be offered in September. Applications for both intakes are ongoing.
Master of Science in Mathematical Finance (May and September Intakes)
The pace of change in the financial sector has never been faster than it is today. Rapid innovation and interdependency in the field of investment, risk management and financial product development has necessitated the need for individuals with adept quantitative skills and an advanced understanding of the theoretical concepts underlying financial markets today.
The Master of Science in Mathematical Finance offered at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Strathmore University covers material in finance with a deep interaction and contribution from fields such as statistics, computing and applied mathematics. The program provides the fundamental training for a successful graduate who is in or seeking a career in analytical industry practice or related academic research in finance.
Master of Science in Statistical Science (September Intake)
Statistical skills are important in all applied sciences such life sciences, medicine and related fields, physical sciences, social and behavioural sciences and are becoming increasingly so in emerging fields that require analysis of complex data such as marketing and finance. There is a constant demand for graduates with these skills in both industry and academia. The Masters of Science in Statistical Science offered at the Strathmore Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Strathmore University, provides an excellent balance between theory and application. The broad base of training in the important areas of statistical sciences will allow the student to successfully progress into professional employment or research.
Master of Science in Biomathematics (September Intake)
The Master of Science in Biomathematics focuses on methods of applied mathematics and mathematical modelling needed to provide quantitative answers to practical questions in biomedical research. A key characteristic of this program is the careful integration of mathematical methods with the theory and practice of modern computational biology. The objective of the Program is to produce graduates with a rigorous foundation in the mathematical modelling of biological systems, and with practical ability in biomedical modelling.
The following information applies to all the three Masters’ programmes:
How to Apply
In case you are interested kindly subscribe to the program by filling in your contact details and relevant information on our website at http://sims.strathmore.edu/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you with more information on how you can enrol for this course.
Mode of Study
Evening Program: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
a) The following are eligible for admission into the MSc. Mathematical Finance:
- Holders of First Class or Upper Second in Mathematics or a related discipline; OR
- Holders of Lower Second Class degrees in Mathematics or a related discipline plus Postgraduate Diplomas in relevant areas; OR
- Holders of Lower Second Class Degrees in Mathematics or related disciplines plus a minimum of two years of working experience OR
- Holders of other related qualifications from recognized universities
The Oral Interview and GEE are held on Wednesdays and Fridays at 2:00pm. Below are some of the requirement you need to prepare:
- Originals and Certifiedcopies of K.S.C.E (or its equivalent), Undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records (TOR) in English, giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Two (2) completed Reference Formsfrom former undergraduate/graduate professors and/or employer particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate study
- Dully filled graduate studies application form NB:Reference formsand a Graduate Studies Application form can be downloaded from our website
- An updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- 2 current passport size photos
- Provide a copy of National Identity Card (ID)or copy of Passport
- Kshs 2, 300 Interview fee payable on the interview day.