SU partners with CFC Stanbic Bank Limited
Tuesday 19th November 2013 marked a historical moment when Strathmore University Career Development Services signed a Memorandum of Understanding with CFC Stanbic Bank Limited. The MOU will enhance relationships between the University and the Bank. This partnership seeks to assist more students secure internship placements and job opportunities at the CFC Stanbic Bank.
About CFC Stanbic Bank
CFC Stanbic Bank is a leading African services group with universal banking capabilities. It is Africas largest banking group by assets. It operates in 18 countries on the African continent.
For 150 years CFC Stanbic has served the needs of individuals, small-to-medium sized businesses, corporates, financial institutions and international counterparties, providing a full range of financial products and services to their clients.
Their services include transactional banking, saving and borrowing to investment management, life insurance, risk management and advisory services.
About Strathmore Career Development Services
The Career Development Services (CDS) Office serves as a liaison between the student and legal employers. The office organizes events and workshops that are geared towards helping students land a job and begin a fulfilling career.
CDS services are available to current students and the Strathmore alumni.
CDS Activities include:-
- Critique students Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and help them identify areas that need amendments to sell themselves better to potential employers.
- Connect students who are looking for internship or employment opportunities with the industry. Students may bring their CVs to the office between 9.00 a.m. and 12.30 p.m., Monday to Friday. One is required to have been in Strathmore University for at least 6 months to be eligible to bring in 2 copies of their CV and 1 passport photo to the CDS Office.
- Facilitate mock job interviews for students to practice interview skills.
- Organize the Annual Career Fair which is held on the 1st Friday of February. This is an opportunity for the students to meet with industry players in a forum where they can interact freely and find out more about companies they would like to work for.
- Organizing career days e.g. GE Day, where a specific organization or Career field takes center stage and the students interested in that particular field can get to learn more.
- Organize workshops and talks on life skills like Networking, Personal branding, Financial Literacy, Communication skills among others.
- Offer information on recommended reading, psychometric tests as well as job openings which are posted on the CDS notice board.
CDS is located in the Students Center, 3rd Floor.
Open from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday-Friday