Strathmore University Embeds ACCA into the BCOM Programme
Strathmore University Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Accounting Majors) students will now simultaneously earn the ACCA professional qualification alongside their degree, following a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) agreement signed this morning by ACCA Kenya and Strathmore University that will run from the month of February 2017 to December 2021. Strathmore University is proud to be the first University in Africa to embed ACCA into its degree programme.
Present at the signing ceremony were the Dean of Students Strathmore University – Mr. Paul Ochieng, Deputy Vice Chancellor Strathmore University – Dr. Elizabeth Gachenga, Head of Marketing and Planning ACCA – Dr. Alex Mswaka and the Head of ACCA Kenya – Mr. Geoffrey Ochieng.
This initiative, a first of its kind in Africa, underlines the commitment of ACCA and Strathmore University working in partnership to produce Ethical, Strategic and forward thinking finance professionals that Kenya and Africa needs to support economic growth,” said Dr. Mswaka at the signing ceremony.
The students in this program will;
- Be ACCA students from first year and have full access to ACCA learning resources
- Earn ACCA exemptions progressively, as they take their Bachelor of Commerce exams
- Be entitled to preferential financial incentives on their ACCA fees
- Have internship opportunities and full access to career resources and jobs advertised on the ACCA Careers website. http://careers.accaglobal.com
- Have access to a network of over 700,000 students and members in over 183 countries
- Be entitled to preferential access to a network of ACCA approved employers