Strathmore University 2016 Honorary Awards
Strathmore University invites members of the community to nominate persons of meriting the award of an honorary degree.
The Honorary Doctorate is the highest form of recognition Strathmore University can bestow. It is a degree awarded as an honor for an outstanding contribution in a field.
Honorees are individuals who have demonstrated excellence in the fields of academic pursuit at Strathmore University as well as business, philanthropy, public affairs, and public service which exemplify the mission and purposes of the University.
Since almost all candidates for honorary degrees will be distinguished people in one way or another, the Honorary Degree Committee will consider the following:
- In what ways is the candidates achievement truly outstanding?
- In what ways has the nominee made an extraordinary contribution to scholarship, society and culture?
- Will this persons achievement be seen to be important and exemplary to the students who will graduate at that Graduation Ceremony?
- Has this person already been sufficiently recognized by other honours and awards?
- Has this person been appropriately recognized by the field or profession in which he or she is said to excel?
- Is it appropriate and/or strategic for Strathmore University to honour this person at this time?
- Is the nominee already aware of Strathmore University and would he or she appreciate the significance of the award?
- Does this candidate help Strathmore University achieve the goal of serving society?
Honorary Doctorates Awarded
Bishop Javier Echevarría – honorary Doctor of Letters (D.LITT Honoris Causa) 25th August 2006
Olga Marlin – honorary Doctor of Letters (D.LITT Honoris Causa) 24th June 2011
Degrees being conferred
LLD (Doctor of Laws)
DSc (Doctor of Science)
DLitt (Doctor of Letters)
DMed (Doctor of Medicine)
All nominations will be accepted until 30th April 2016. More information will be available below.
To nominate, click here
Regulations for the Award of Honorary Doctorates – click here