SHSS signs MoU with the University of Helsinki
Strathmore University through the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) and the University of Helsinki’s Faculty of Educational Sciences signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on May 27th, 2019. The purpose of this MoU is to develop academic and educational cooperation on the basis of equality and reciprocity and to promote relations and mutual understanding between both universities. This is through capacity building in higher education in to upgrade Kenya and of teachers’ pedagogical and methodological skills in education and research.
The MoU will also seek to promote and develop academic collaboration in the following ways:
- Joint teaching arrangements, where feasible, for selected pre-service and postgraduate programmes.
- Joint supervision of postgraduate research projects, according to feasibility.
- Collaboration in research and the publishing of its results, where feasible.
- Student and faculty exchange programmes to which both universities agree.
- Exchange of academic materials and other scientific and pedagogical information.
Strathmore University was represented by Stephen Ng’ang’a, the Academic Registrar, Eric Saulo, the Director of Partnerships, Dr. Magdalene Dimba – Research Director and head of Masters in Education Management, Dr. Alfred Kitawi, Director, Doctoral Academy and other faculty members. Prof. Johanna Makella, the Dean of the Faculty of Educational Sciences, Prof. Arto Kallioniemi, the Vice-dean in charge of the societal interaction of the faculty, and Dr. Seija Karppinnen, Adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Educational Sciences represented the University of Helsinki.
Odhiambo Obonyo wrote the article.
If you have a story, kindly email: email@example.com