SBS to host East African Summit
As part of its contribution to the transformation of Kenya and beyond, Strathmore Business School will host the first ever East African Summit dubbed Building Stronger East African Public-Private Partnerships. The summit organized in conjunction with Ernst and Young (Kenya) will be a 2 day event on 31st October -1st November 2013 at the Strathmore Business School, Nairobi, Kenya.
The Summit aims at:
- Providing a forum for dialogue and engagement between stakeholders in Academia and the Private and Public sectors in order to interrogate issues facing Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) in East Africa.
- Eliciting discussion on the core important issues facing the region in terms of developing economies and doing sustainable business going forward.
The Summit seeks to bring together leaders from the public, private and academic sectors to synergize, discuss, debate and forge alliances that enable them to address and seek solutions to infrastructure issues in the East African region. The public sector will have an opportunity to learn how to enhance its working relationship with private organizations in realizing their economic and infrastructural goals. The private sector will be exposed to the opportunities and challenges of working and partnering public sector projects in the realm of PPPs while academia will know the relevant research lines and provide justifiable data with scientific research output that will guide the public sector policy its frameworks in which the private sector can engage in PPPs.
Participating organizations will have an opportunity to showcase some of their projects to organizations such as IFC (International Finance Corporation), World Bank, ADB (Africa Development bank) among other regional and global organizations in attendance.
The Top Key speakers for the event are:
1) Mr. Sindiso Ngwenya – Comesa Secretary General,
2) Mr. James Kabuga-Director, Projects & Infrastructure Finance, PTA Bank
3) Prof. H.K. Segor-Principal Secretary, Ministry of Health, Uganda
4) Hon. Dr. Seif S. Rashid-Deputy Minister, Health and Social Welfare, United Republic of Tanzania
5) Mr. Ravinder Sikand- Director, Corporate Finance Services, Deloitte Tanzania
6) Mr. Mugo Kibati, Director, General Vision 2030, Republic of Kenya
This will be the apex of the Summit taking place on 31st October at the SBS atrium. In attendance will be Hon. Raila Amolo Odinga (former Prime Minister of Kenya), Ambassadors of the East African Countries and Kenya, and the Governor of Nairobi, H.E. Dr. Evans Kidero amongst Other Key Guests.
RSVP: Email Grace Kariuki on email@example.com