Investigative Committee Press Release
Following its appointment by the Strathmore University Council, the Investigative Committee has commenced its work.
In order to carry out a thorough assignment, the committee welcomes input from all interested stakeholders. Kindly send your feedback, any useful information or suggestions to email@example.com or before 12 noon on Thursday, 10th December 2015.
Terms of reference:
- To determine how the drill/simulation was prepared and who was involved in the preparations (both internally and externally).
- To determine how and by whom the decision was made as to the content of the event and design of the simulation.
- To understand the mobilization and use of resources involved in the planning and execution of the simulation.
- To understand the decision making process in the roles of:
(i) The Strathmore University Security Committee
(ii) The Strathmore University Management Board
(iii) The Strathmore University Council
- To understand and assess the adequacy of the training and information flow for the following groups before the event was executed:
(i) The Strathmore University students
(ii) The Strathmore University staff
(iii) The Strathmore University stakeholders
- To understand the shortcomings in the strategic management of the drill that may need to be addressed to avert similar disasters in the future.
- To recommend what actions should be taken on any persons found culpable based on the report.
- To give recommendations regarding the victims.
- To advise on how the University can redeem its image.
Colonel Hillary Kilingi Kioko Chairperson