Financial Aid Office celebrates impact in 2016 and welcomes 2017 scholarship applications
The Strathmore University Students’ Financial Aid Office, (FAO) held its very first FAO Scholars’ Orientation & Awards Ceremony in 2016. The ceremony was the highlight of its 2016 activities. The event dubbed ‘SU FAO 2016 Scholars Orientation & Awards Ceremony’ was targeted at 2016 FAO freshmen, graduates and SU’s external financial aid partners. The ceremony achieved the following impact objectives:
- Orientation for all 2016 FAO freshmen scholars (loan & scholarship beneficiaries)
- Awards for 2016 FAO top graduate-scholars (beneficiaries who graduated in 2016 with 1st Class Honors, Distinction & FAO Sports Man & Sports Woman of the Year)
- FAO Scholars’ community creation for synergies and peer support and
- FAO External Partners interaction with their scholars
The SU FAO Team: Ms. Lucy Waruguru, FAO Administrator, Ms. Primrose Mbuthia, FAO Accountant & Mr. Kevin Muchemi, FAO Manager made presentations to all 2016 scholarship and loan recipients during the orientation event and took the time to respond to some of the scholar’s questions.
Presentations focused on FAO processes, FAO facilities available to scholars and SU expectations for scholars. FAO also invited top past scholars to share their experiences with the new scholars. Mr. Edward Paranta a Graduate Assistant at Strathmore Law School was one such top past scholar who shared his scholarly journey to a 1st class and to employment.
Immediately after the orientation sessions, there was a FAO Award Ceremony for all 2016 FAO graduands who graduated with the highest honors in their respective courses in the June 2016 graduation. To make the awards FAO had the following guests: Dr. Elizabeth Gachenga, (SU’s Deputy Vice Chancellor, Student & Academic Affairs), Mr. Patrick Kibui (SU’s Registrar), Mr. Eric Saulo (SU’s Advancement Director), Mr. Stephen Nganga (SU’s Academic Affairs Manager) and Mr. Daniel Ochieng (SU Student Council Chairman). Also in attendance was Mr. David Kitusa from KIVA and Mrs. Wamaitha Gitonga from McKinney Rodgers.
Addressing the participants and guests, Dr. Gachenga promised to support such forums with scholars in the coming years. She also encouraged our top graduates to be great ambassadors of Strathmore in their respective blue chip organizations where they have secured placement. Our 2016 FAO graduates have secured jobs with firms such as, Central Bank of Kenya, Cytonn Investment, Sidian Bank, Strathmore University, Boeing, SAP, BDO, Bank of Africa, HH&M Law Firm, Coulson Harney Law Firm and Unilever among others. Some in the SU entrepreneurship spirit have opted for enterprises of their own venturing into IT Security, ICT consulting and Corporate Land-Scape Works.
SU FAO Call for 2017 Loan & Scholarship Applications
The Financial Aid Office invites applications for work-study, loans and scholarships in 2017. Interested applicants should follow the following steps to be considered for a variety of Strathmore University Financial Aid in 2017. They include:
- Visit the Strathmore University website: www.strathmore.edu to learn more about our courses
- Select a course from the many that are offered in the different Schools and Faculties
- Ensure that you meet the minimum entry criteria for the course
- Visit Strathmore University to sit the entrance test for the course of your choice
- Obtain admission letter for the course of your choice
- Use your admission letter to apply for a scholarship or loan from the Financial Aid Office at the Student Center, 3rd Floor in our Madaraka Campus.
- If you are a continuing student, visit the Financial Aid Office and apply for Work-study opportunities and/or additional support if required.
For more details on scholarships and loans at Strathmore University, visit https://strathmore.edu/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/. External partners and other inquiries can be addressed to Financial Aid Office on +254 (0) 703 034142 or email email@example.com
Happy New Year!
Financial Aid Office, (FAO) Team,
Student Center, 3rd Floor,