We have detected you are using an outdated browser.

Kindly upgrade your version of Internet Explorer or use another browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Career Talk: Dalberg’s Visit

In a season when finding jobs is proving to be a daunting task for most university graduates, Strathmore University students under, Strathmore University Career Development Services, were privileged to be visited by one of Kenya’s most influential international company, Dalberg Global Development Advisors on Friday 25th July.


Dalberg Advisors are an international company that recruits employees from across the globe with some of their staff coming from top notch universities such as Harvard University and Kenya’s biggest public university; University of Nairobi . MrsJemimahKarugu-HR and Recruiting Lead at Dalberg, expressed her confidence towards SU, attributing it to her first visit to the school early this year. During the visit she realized that majority of the students who approached them were “A” students who showed good potential from questions raised during the Q&A session. With this realization, she felt that as a company they should pursue and prepare the minds of the students through such visits, which enable student to apply to their company once they graduate.


Mr. Marcus Watson – Project Leader at Dalberg, took students through the company’s structure, which involved a brief and detailedorientation of tasks handled. To give a clearerpicture, he expounded on what a typical day in the office entailed. He added that though the company is international, 70% of the staff are Kenyan, while the other 30% come from countries such as UK, Japan, USA etc, saying that many graduates from top global schoolschoose to work at Dalberg, an attribute that makes them proud.


Many 3rd and 4th year students who attended the sessionwere full of questions for the team after Watson’s talk; ranging from how one gets to climb up the corporate ladder of the company, to handling a strategy task as a team, among other questions.


The talk culminated by Strathmore’s AlumniMs Lillian Mwikali, currently interning at the company, stating her joys of working at Dalberg. “As a staff, I feel valued. In terms of performance this is measured by one’s project results, which when assessed givesa sense of fulfillment. I also feel that the company’s core objective is to bring out the best in a person.” A joyful Lillian remarked.

Students interested in applying for posts in the company were advised to email MrsKarugu on jemima.karugu@dalberg.com with their CVs or for further advice on the company.