Career Development Services launches website and Career Ambassadors Program
Students seeking internships or employment will now be able to upload their resumes on the internet for the perusal of potential employers as the Career Development Services (CDS) has just launched its website with a platform for the same.
CDS has also developed a Career Ambassadors Program. The team invited the newly selected ambassadors for a tea get-together with the Dean of Students, Mr. Paul Ochieng and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Prof. Izael Da Silva. The two officially launched the Career Ambassadors Program as well as the new website.
The Career Ambassadors were then officially welcomed into office and are now entitled to work under the mandate of the Careers Development Services Office. They are faced with the challenging task of being the face of Strathmores Careers Office. It will be their responsibility to ensure that information about services offered by CDS reaches the entire Strathmore University student fraternity.
The Career Ambassadors.
The Career Ambassadors are:
- Andrew Ruto- 2nd Year, Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications
- Dennis Bett- 2nd Year, Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications
- Charles Thige- 2nd Year, Bachelor of Business and Information Technology
- Yvette Nsababera- 3rd Year, Bachelor of Business and Information Technology
- Naomi Ngeno- 2nd Year, Bachelor of Commerce
- Timothy Karweti- 2nd Year, Bachelor of Commerce
- Rachel Kariuki- 2nd Year, Bachelor of Commerce
- Faith Mbogo- 3rd Year, Bachelor of Commerce
- Patrick Wasafisia- 2nd Year, Bachelor of Business Science- Actuarial Science
- Anne Munene- 2nd Year, Bachelor of Business Science- Actuarial Science
One of the Career Ambassadors, Andrew Ruto, had the opportunity to demonstrate to Prof. Da Silva and Mr. Paul Ochieng how the website works at the meeting that took place on Tuesday 25th March this year. He was up to the task with utmost tact and professionalism as he answered comprehensively questions posed by his audience.
The CDS office will always be open for all students who need assistance with writing CVs, cover letters, preparation for interviews, and training on soft skills which are needed to excel in their future careers. The Career Office serves the Strathmore University students in preparation for job interviews and couching them to exhibit professionalism.
Strathmore University Students and Alumni can click on the link below to visit the website and register to upload their CV: http://careers.strathmore.edu.