2016 Masters Open Day Cocktail and Networking Event
Strathmore University School of Graduate Studies (SGS) hosted their annual Masters Open Day networking event, in an effort to offer opportunities for potential postgraduate students a chance to interact and discover various masters programs offered at the university that could/should suit their career goals. The event, held on Thursday 7th April 2016, had speeches from Deans and Directors of schools, faculties, and centres highlighting the importance of studying in the different disciplines at Strathmore.
Strathmores world class education was described by Dr. Vincent Ogutu Vice Dean Talent Development Strathmore Business School, who explained the joys of studying under this kind of environment. In his speech, Dr. Ogutu spoke of the Strathmore community bond under the Ut omnes unum sint Latin motto – that all may be one, emphasizing on the family unit that Strathmore is. He added the fact that Strathmore focuses on developing graduates that will stand out in the market, an aspect that sees graduates obtain job offers in a fast rate.
Information was available for the following programs:
- Master of Arts in Applied Philosophy and Ethics (MAPE)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) for Executives
- MBA Healthcare Management (MBA-HCM)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- Master in Public Policy Management (MPPM)
- Master of Science in Educational Management (MScEM)
- Master of Science in Information System Security (MScISS)
- Master of Science in Information Technology (MScIT)
- Master of Science in Computer-Based Information Systems (MScIS)
- Master of Science in Mobile Telecommunications and Innovation (MTI)
- Master of Science in Bio mathematics
- Master of Science in Mathematical Finance
- ?Master of Science in Statistical Sciences
Research Director, School of Management and Commerce (SMC) Dr. Hellen Otieno, highlighted the fact that 15 of the Masters of Commerce (MCOM) students have been employed in Strathmore, and are now focusing on acquiring PhDs. The MCOM programme seeks to prepare students in the academic field, producing responsible and accountable managers, she added.
For more information on the masters programs click here.