The Institute of Family Studies and Ethics (IFS) in collaboration with the Strathmore University mentoring department has come up with a webinar series titled – Marriage, parenting and the in-betweens tailored specifically to answer questions that you may have on these topics.
The series will be held virtually on Wednesdays from 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm (unless otherwise communicated).
The dates and the themes that will be addressed are as follows:
1. 2nd November 2022 – Making marriage work.
2. 30th November 2022 – Fatherhood (recommended reading – Fatherhood by Tom & Lynette Lichuma)
3. 16th December 2022 – Parenting- imparting values and virtues, building resilience. ( recommended reading – Thriving raising thirteen by Anne Perrottet)
4. 18th January 2023 – Parenting in the digital age. (recommended reading – Digital families: tips and guidelines for living in an online society by Alfred Domingo)
5. 1st February 2023 – Motherhood.
6. 15th February 2023 – Intimacy and marriage. ( recommended reading: Men, women and the mystery of love – Dr Edward Sri).
7. 1st March 2023 – Marriage and finances. ( Love, Marriage, money: your guide to a financially healthy family by Joseph Salem).
8. In-person session – TBC
Additional details for the series are as follows:
1. Zoom login details: https://bit.ly/3gJkCNS (Meeting ID: 925 9564 5845 Passcode: 619495).
2. Whatsapp group: https://bit.ly/3TEsI9h
3. Registration fee for the entire series – 1,000 ksh.
Payment details ;
Business Number :100219.
Account Number : PARENTING SERIES 2022.
Kindly indicate your interest by joining the whatsapp group and responding to this email by this Friday, 28th October 2022.
We look forward to hosting you, learning with and from you.
In case of any questions, please reach out to us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.