The CBL program is a collaborative learning experience in which lecturers, industry mentors and trainers, and students work together to solve nontrivial business problems. The program provides a framework for learning while solving real-world challenges. It also provides a sustainable pipeline of skills for local enterprises and encourages certification of local talent on international technologies.
The goal of the program is to contribute to the alleviation of current 21st Century skills gap in the region and consequently promote local innovation that address business and local development challenges through the use of leading Information and Communication Technologies.
At the end of the program, participants are expected to gain technical and soft skills, in addition to deployment of functional solutions that address real-world business challenges of a company to which they will be attached.
- Duration: The program spans for a 9-12 months period.
- Training Venue: @iLabAfrica Research Centre, Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya.
Can develop robust, user-friendly Web Applications. Mobile Application development skills (preferably Android) is an added advantage.
- Has an interest in emerging technologies e.g. Data Science, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence etc.
- Possesses analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and Problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies within extremely limited time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and in multifaceted teams constituting of people from diverse backgrounds, gender and age.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues.
- Available for 12 months full-time.
- Individuals who have undertaken the study disciplines indicated below are strongly encouraged to join the CBL program;
- Academic Degree in Engineering, Computer Science / Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics, Data Science or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Should you have any questions on the participant commitment fee or require further information about the program, Kindly email a copy of your CV and Motivation letter to
- Rose email@example.com email or call +254 703 034 630
strathmore.edu or call +254 703 034 630
- Lorna at: Lmutegi@strathmore.edu or call +254 703 034 630