Master in Hospitality Business Management (MHBM)
The Master in Hospitality Business Management is a unique programme developed to provide the next-generation hospitality managers with in-depth knowledge and international experience to enable them to explore innovative hospitality business opportunities. The Programme provides a valuable opportunity to hospitality professionals and industry practitioners to acquire leadership and business management skills specific for the hospitality industry. The goal of the MHBM is to provide graduates with a strong skill base in ethical leadership, business acumen, sustainable management, entrepreneurship and research that need to be applied at top or mid-level management in addressing contemporary hospitality industry needs and challenges.
By the end of the Programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate global leadership skills in the field of hospitality.
- Exhibit mastery of hospitality business management.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct applied research that addresses current needs and challenges of the hospitality industry.
- Exhibit leadership ability in the context of social consciousness and ethical practice.
- Apply innovation in hospitality entrepreneurship.
The following are eligible for admission into the Master in Hospitality Business Management Programme:
- Holders of First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degrees in Hospitality from recognized universities; or
- Holders of other related qualifications from recognized universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class degree in a related discipline; or
- Holders of Lower Second Class degrees who also have:
- a Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant area; or,
- two-years’ practical experience in the hospitality industry.
- Holders of other related qualifications from recognised universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In addition to meeting any one of the above admission criteria: all applicants will be required to attend and pass an oral interview and a Graduate Entrance Examination (GEE).
Key focus areas
- Ethics, Governance and Responsibility
- Hospitality Revenue Management
- Strategic Hospitality HR Management
- Hospitality Leadership and Management
- Corporate Finance for Hospitality
- Hotel Property Planning, Design and Development
- Competitive Strategies for Hospitality Business
- Global Hospitality Marketing
- Innovation and Change Management
- Big Data Analytics in Hospitality
- Hospitality Law
- Hospitality Business Development
- Hospitality business mid-level and senior Managers
- Hospitality business owners / directors
- Potentail and Current hospitality investors
- Hospitality researchers and academicians
- 1.2 Million (200,000 Per Module)
- The programme is divided into 6 modules
The cost includes
- Tuition fee at Strathmore University and in Modul University
- International module in Modul University (Vienna) including return Airfare, accommodation, subsistence, organized transport and examinations, experiential learning.
- An IPad and E-learning resources.
- Meals during teaching weeks on campus
- Access to books and journals
What makes our Master in Hospitality Business Management unique?
- International Module in a reputable University in Europe
- Facilitated by a mix of top and reputable local and international faculty
- Targeted guest lectures and workshops led by industry experts
- Industry focused master’s dissertation and Seminars
- Focus on the holistic development of the leaders in the hospitality sector
- 50 years of experience producing graduates in leadership and entrepreneurship
- Combining academic rigor with industry applications
- Extremely practical examples
- Powerful networking
- A beautiful environment with world-class standards
- A commitment to individual transformation and the society
- Strathmore is ranked among the best Universities in Africa