Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc.IT)
The Master of Science in Information technology (MSc.IT) is designed to meet the increasing demand in the workplace for IT professionals with a broad and sound knowledge of both the technical and the managerial skills. This program is designed for IT professionals with growing experience in the workplace. It has a unique blend of courses, a diverse student body, and coursework taught by academic professors with industry partnerships. Our faculty prepares graduates to strategically plan, implement, and manage information technology systems in a broad range of industries.
Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc.IT) is offered every May and September every year
Mode of Delivery
Evening: Classes run for 4 days in a week from 5:30pm to 8:30 pm
Areas of Specializations
• Business Intelligence and Data Analytics – Students will study areas that include Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and IoT.
• Systems Security & Forensics – Students will study areas that include Forensics, Cloud and Enterprise security, and Cryptography.
• Telecommunication and Computer Networks- Students will study areas that include Enterprise Networking and Telecommunications Systems, Wireless networks, Sensor networks, Mobile networks and Network Management and Administration
Strathmore provides global exposure to students through international academic trips to expand their knowledge.
1. Holders of First Class (or GPA of 3.45 – 4) or Upper Second Class Honours (or GPA of 2.85–3.44 ) degrees in a Computer Science or IT discipline from recognised universities or;
2. Holders of Lower Second Class degrees or at least 2.5 GPA plus:
• Postgraduate Diplomas or Certificates, in computer science or IT.
• At least two years of working experience from the day of graduation.
3. Holders of other related qualifications from recognised universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class degree in Computer Science or IT discipline; or
4. In addition, the applicant must have obtained the minimum university entry requirement i.e. scored at least a C+ in their KCSE (or its equivalent).
If the applicant meets the above entry requirements, they are then invited to sit a written Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE). All applicants MUST sit and pass our GEE that comprises of a written exam followed by an oral interview. The written exam entails English comprehension and grammar, arithmetic plus an essay. Once the applicant has completed and passed the written exam, they are scheduled for an oral interview.
NB: The GEE is administered every Wednesday and Friday at 2:00 pm.
1. Duly filled in Graduate Application Form (Download the form here).
2. Two (2) completed Reference Forms from your professional background or from former professors particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate study (Download reference form here).
3. Certified copies of undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained.
4. Certified copy of your Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education-KCSE certificate (Secondary/High School Certificate or its equivalent).
5. An updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
6. Two (2) current passport size photos.
7. A copy of National Identity Card (ID) or a copy of Passport (bio-data page).
8. 2,500 Interview fee payable on the interview day.
NB: Certified copies: Please note the copies of the certificates and transcripts should be certified by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court.
Fees and Funding
The programme fee is Kshs 952,500 which is payable over the six (6) semesters of the programme). Ps: the fees may change in a given academic year.
Kindly fill the form below