90% of the world’s data has been created in just the past few years. Faced with overwhelming amounts of data, organizations are struggling to extract the powerful insights they need to make smarter business decisions. To help uncover the true value of your data, @iLabAfrica, Strathmore University is offering a course on Introduction to Data Science and Big Data Analytics for all professionals looking to harness data in new, innovated ways and make data driven decisions.
• Theory and practice behind recommendation engines
• Network and graphical modeling
• Anomaly detection
• Hypothesis testing
• Machine learning, and big data analytics.
This course will give you a full overview of the Data Science journey. It will guide you on:
• How to clean and prepare your data for analysis
• How to perform basic visualization programming techniques to your data
• How to model your data using python
• Apply data science techniques to an organization’s data management challenges.
• Identify and avoid common pitfalls in big data analytics.
• Deploy machine learning algorithms to mine your data.
• Interpret analytical models to make better business decisions.
• And finally, how to present your findings and wow the audience
The training will sensitize students interested in Medicine, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Software Developers, Financial Economics and other top careers on the rapidly developing world of data science and analytics.
This program will run twice annually:
January – March
May – July
Participants interested should bring the following items to Strathmore University located in Madaraka Estate, Ole Sangale Road:
• Original and Copy of birth certificate
• Three passport size photographs
• Originals and copy of ID or passport
• Registration fees of 1,000/=
• KCSE Results slip: Mean grade B+; Mathematics
A-; and English A-. Computer Studies is added
"*" indicates required fields