Executive Director – Strathmore University Foundation
Basic job Summary: The Executive Director will provide leadership for the development, execution, administration, and management of all functions and matters relating to fund raising, their support services, and relations with relevant stakeholders to meet the fundraising needs of Strathmore University.
- Provide overall leadership, administration and development of the Foundation
- In consultation with all relevant stakeholders, provide leadership and direction for the design, development and implementation of the institutional fundraising and endowment strategies
- Establish through consultation with the Management, annual fund raising goals and objectives and develop and implement a plan for University fund raising with clear delineation of roles and responsibilities, quantifiable metrics, and targets for productivity
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with the private and corporate business community.
- Manage a personal portfolio of major and principal gift prospects, including responsibilities for personal cultivation, solicitation, closing of commitments, and stewardship, and involving internal and volunteer partners wherever appropriate
- Work in collaboration with relevant Strathmore University (SU) communities to understand the programs and priorities across the University and facilitate the translation of those priorities into fundraising and engagement opportunities for the maximum benefit of SU
- Work in collaboration with Strathmore University Alumni in programs seeking to involve alumni in advancing the University’s fundraising priorities and in strengthening alumni relationships
- Work collaboratively with the Strathmore University Marketing and
- Communications teams in the design, development, and implementation of a University- wide Strategic Marketing and Communications Plan to promote the SUF mission, image, events, and activities and to ensure consistency in information delivered to all stakeholders
- Engage Strathmore University units to enhance the culture of fundraising and philanthropy
- Ensure that SUF policies and practices comply with all state laws, regulatory requirements, Strathmore University policy and statutes and donor instructions
Skills & Requirements
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) qualification would be an added advantage
- A minimum of eight (8) years successful experience in leading and supervising at least one of the following functions: business development, campaign management, annual giving programs, corporate foundation relations, alumni relations, grants or scholarship soliciting and management; preferably in a higher education or not-for-profit environment.
- Record of effective and innovative leadership in fundraising programs development and strong fiscal management linking resource allocation to planning and priorities (including data-driven decision-making).
- Experience in planning, implementing, managing and concluding major fundraising campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legal and ethical aspects of fundraising and obligations to donors and their intents as well as of proper alignment with University goals, priorities, and decisions.
- Wealth of contacts in local, international, non-profit, corporate, education and public and private sectors
- An in-depth knowledge of the current organizational and financial issues that face higher education in general, and especially those in Africa.
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to inspire
- Excellent Communication skills- oral and written
- Decision making skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Collaborative team player/excellent inter-personal skills
- The ability to prevent and/or solve problems with flexibility, timeliness and creativity
- Experience in setting and projecting clear and effective aims and objectives against which work can be planned
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Executive Director” on the subject line to email@example.com